Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital
What we did for the Hospital
The Hospital had identified limitations in all key facility and IT support functions which were impacting on day to day support and patient handling operations. We were asked to review all support activities from IT through security to building and equipment maintenance and recommend organisational, systems and personnel changes to improve effectiveness and commence a cultural change. Our services included:
- A detailed review of all areas of support by discussing current operations and future plans with individual departments including new facility planning, maintenance, security, patient records, IT systems and existing hardware support.
- Further reviews of the current and future needs of the hospital and research arm with senior management, doctors and sample nursing staff over the full shift operations.
- Analysis of the current planned and future needs of the hospital in conjunction with a cross section of key personnel at all levels.
- A new organisation and reporting recommendation was developed and presented to the hospital executive along with staffing change recommendations and training suggestions. The new organisation was accepted and staff changes and replacement implemented.
- The key areas of maintenance, security and IT systems and support yielded immediate benefits with ongoing change management and training being actioned.